In 1952 the Tennessee Diabetes Association asked Dr. Albert Easley of Chattanooga to form a camp for children with diabetes. The first camp session was held that year in Jasper, TN at a Girl Scout camp. After two years a permanent location was found, the Double G Ranch. Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Street purchased the land on Ciickamauga Lake. The ranch was made available to camps for children with medical disabilities at no cost with support from the Gordon Street Foundation.
In 1954 the Tennessee Camp for Diabetic Children held its first session at the Double G Ranch.
Photo at left shows Warner Wells 1959 Honor Camper.
For 2015 camp session photos go to www.tcdc2015.shutterfly.com
Photos updated often